The crust and crumble layer turned out INSANE + the tartness of the strawberry mixture made these bars unbelievable. Plus, they are gluten-free, plant-based, and refined sugar-free.
I am not much of a fruity desert kinda gal, I love me some cookies and chocolate but I definitely underestimated this one. So shout out to my sister for convincing me to give these a try!
This bar recipe was tweaked a bit but is based on Ela Vegan’s Strawberry Crumb Bar recipe. Written below is the recipe that I used, but feel free to check out the original recipe on Ela Vegan’s site!
- 3 cups of gluten-free rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup of almond flour (also Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup Lakanto maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups of diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup Lakanto maple syrup
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 8 tsp chia seeds
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- Heat strawberry filling ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil and then let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Mix dough ingredients and press 2/3 of the dough into a pan.
- Pour strawberry filling evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dough in crumbles on top of the strawberry filling.
- Bake at 360 for approx 25 minutes.
- (OPTIONAL: top with extra chia seeds and coconut flakes!)
Going to start working on another version of these to include even more fiber, omega-3’s and other nutrients to eat as a nutritious breakfast or snack! Will keep you all updated! Enjoy : )